Well it is the end of the school year and that generally means time for the field trips. So I, trying to be a good mom and wanting to be with my kids volunteered to go on their outings with them. First I went with Brooklynn's class. We took a trip to Hogle Zoo. I have always liked the zoo (as long as all the animals are caged and we don't have encounters with mother goose and her babies) however I didn't realize I would be going in a total blizzard. It was freezing cold and snowing like crazy when we were there. It didn't let up at all. Keeping in mind it was May 1st. I had Brooklynn and 2 other girls with me. I think we could have just taken a bus ride and ate school lunch and called it good because that was what they were most excited about. But we were troopers and we made our way through the zoo. We did visit the albino crocodile a few times since the building it was in felt like a sauna. Despite the sub zero temperatures we had a fun time. So the next week I went with Dax and his preschool class to the Hari Krishna Temple to go see the llamas. I was not excited about this because I don't do animals. I was litterally sick to my stomach as we were driving there. I through on my my sunglasses to hide the tears (yes there were a few tears of pure fear). As we were pulling into the parking lot I see all these peacocks strutting around. That almost did me in. I had to coax myself out of the car. The next 2 hours were spent with me watching my back ready to hoard off any llama attacks that might occur. I went on this filed trip only because I worried that Dax would be scared and I didn't want him to have to be there alone. Well to heck with my good and loving intentions because he was having a great time. After a look at the fish and birds we went to see the llamas. Well don't you worry they pulled out all 90 of them. I don't know why we had to have them all out and running around but we did. Dax ran right over and grabbed the reins of one and started walking it all over. Meanwhile I kept a nice 50 yard distance and tried to move and stay clear of llamas. When it came time to ride them Dax hopped right on and was ready to go. They asked the parents to walk alongside to make sure the kids didn't fall off. I being the terrified mom that I am had to ask another mom to walk alongside Dax. (sunglass moment!) But I lived and am proud to report that I was not attacked by a llama nor did I have any real close encounters. I am glad it is over and will say right now I will not be chaperoning next years trip to see the llamas. The best part of the trip was to see Dax love it and not be afraid. I was so glad! I would hate to pass along my fear to my children. It is miserable. Someday I hope my children read this and appreciate their mom for being willing to go on their animal loaded field trips. If that is not love then I don't know what is. I love you babies!!
Pineview Musky and Bass
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment