We had our first experience with stitches today. I was yapping on the phone when Matia came walking in my back door with Brooklynn hysterically crying. She said she had fallen off her bike then her bike came down on her finger and cut it. I guess the crossing guard was trying to call me but couldn't get through (oops!) It's a good thing I have such great neighbors who pick up my slack! I hadn't seen the cut but Matia had and then Phil looked and they both said she needed stitches. We ran over to the doctors office and the nurse took one look and said go get the doctor. So Dr. Lauret came right in and took one look and said that we needed to go over to the hospital. We got there and they got her numbed up (the worst part of it all!) Brooklynn was very brave. Then they x-rayed it and found that along with nearly being cut off it was also broken. They brought in an orthopedic surgeon and they figured it would probably heal okay just being splinted. So they sewed her up and got her all splinted. She was very brave. When she got home there was balloons, flowers, cards,presents and even pizza waiting for her. We are so very blessed to have such wonderful friends and neighbors. They took good care of us. Brooklynn felt pretty darn special!
Pineview Musky and Bass
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment