Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with '08 in with '09!








So another year has come and gone. I can't believe how time flies. We had a great year with no major catastrophes so we'll chalk 2008 up as a great year. We were very blessed this past year and have so much to be grateful for. Some of our most exciting things of the year were Phil being made Sergeant in July, I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon in August, Stratton started nursery (yea for me!!), Brooklynn got to go to school "all day" (yea for me again!!) and Dax well he's conquered every level on every video game we own!! ( I promise I do control the video game playing!!) We have so much to be grateful for and are so excited to start a new year and see what it has in store for our family! We had a fun New Year's Eve. We were able to go up to the cabin for most of the week and just hang out and relax. It was really fun. We ate lot's of good food, everything you could possibly think of and want, then we put the kids to bed and played games until midnight. We did manage to squeeze in some karaoke (Josh we will catch you next year on that- be thinking of what song you want to do!!) The kids attempted to sled but instead opted to build a snow cave. We had a fun week ending 2008 and are ready to welcome 2009! Hopefully we will find the new year as great as the last!!

3 comments:

Mckel said...

Looks like fun! I'm really sad I didn't get to kareoke (sp?) with you Brookie...next time I come get ready for some serious vocal performances!

The Duncan's 365 said...

That sounds like a fun New Year's!! Chris and I fell asleep this year before midnight LOL!! I tried really hard to stay awake.. We are already getting ready for parenting and being tired I guess :)Phil-- I had no idea you got so into kareoke lol

Amy said...

Phil was really getting into his song! Sad I missed it!