Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Sort Of Magic Moment!





I have now spent my last three openings of the rifle deer hunts on Strawberry. This year me, Dunc, and Tory left early to be on the lake by sun up. When we arrived we saw the lake was beautifully covered by a layer of fog and the sun was just peaking over the mountains. WE launched the boat and the trip was on. We went to one of our favorite spots near the opening of the canyon. The fishing started out slow and we didn't see much on the fish finder. So we decided to move to another spot. Like earlier in the year Dunc's boat the Magic Moment would not start right away. While waiting for the boat to start I saw a fish surface nearby. I casted my white tube jig as close as I could get to the rising fish. I then started watching my line. My line never sank. I started to reel in my slack line and felt the tug of a fish. I set the hook and started reeling the fish in. I thought the fish was decent but when I saw it I couldn't believe it. My first thought was that it was as big as a log. We eventually landed the fish and were able to weigh it. The scale showed the fish at 8 lbs. It was the biggest trout I have caught yet. To end the trip the Magic Moment never would start and we had to ask a guy to tow us in to the marina. Over all though I couldn't complain after catching a fish like that.

0 comments: