Saturday, October 3, 2009

And Then she Was 8!










Yes it is true! Our Brooklynn has turned eight! I can't believe how time flies! I remember her turning five and I felt like that was so old and now she is 8 and will be getting baptized! She got to celebrate lot's of times this year. I took her and her friends to the salon to get their nails done. They thought that was great! Let's just say their choices of colors were interesting to say the least! Then we went out for ice-cream. After that we came home and had Grandma and Papa over for some calzones for dinner. One of Brookies favorites. Then we had cake and she got to open some presents. We did all this a couple of days before her birthday because we knew we would be gone. On her real birthday we were up at the cabin. We decorated and did some fun stuff. We went on a treasure hunt and decorated cupcakes and even had some pumpkin pie for dessert! She was pretty excited to get all her doll clothes so now she can really play! We sure love our big 8 year old and can't imagine our lives without her!

1 comments:

Josh and Jenna said...

Thanks for letting us celebrate with you, especially since it's one of those "big" birthdays! You get to go to activity days and be baptized! Yeah, Brooklynn! So proud of you for making this big choice!