Monday, March 9, 2009

Softball and Sun (or at least softball)!





Well Phil and I ventured down south for the annual March Madness softball tournament in St. George! This is usually one of the highlights of my year mostly because it is the only time I get to watch softball without chasing kids around and I do usually manage to squeeze in a little shopping. Well this year it was a little cooler than usual but we still had a great time. We got down there on Friday afternoon and I made our first stop be The Children's Place. Well that ended up being a great stop to start the trip. I got all of my school shopping done for next year and got incredible deals. Phil had a game that night and it was cold. Unfortunately they lost that game which meant that they played at 8am the next morning. I like to consider myself a supportive wife and fan but 8am was a little to early and cold for me so I sent Phil on his way and I met him over there for the 9 am game. They played 4 games in a row but unfortunatly that was it. They got out and were done. They played decent but as always it is the start of the season for them so they aren't quite as warmed up as they need to be to win the tourney! We had a lot of fun. We went to lunc with the Zengers and the Duncans and we got some birthday shopping done! It was quite relaxing and I enjoyed my weekend with my hubby and no kids. We had a great time just hanging out and being together! Now I get to start looking faorward to next year's trip to the sun down south! The kids spent the weekend with Jenna and Josh and Nana and Papa! Brooklynn took her friend up to the cabin with my mom and dad and they had a great time. They stayed up playing until 1am. I am sure Nana and Pap loved that. Dax and Stratton stayed with Jenna and Josh. They had a great time. They built race cars and tracks and even took a trip to classic skating. I think everyone had a great weekend! (except maybe the babysitters!) Thanks again to my fam for tending my babies!

0 comments: