Monday, March 2, 2009

FHE at the Foodbank!






So on the first Monday of every month we do Family Home Evening with our neighbors. We generally try to do a emergency preparedness topic or something along those lines. For a while now I have been wanting to take my kids to the food bank so they could see it and help out. So this past Monday I was able to get an appointment so we could all go. It was a great night. They talked to the kids about hunger and how not everyone has as much as we do. Then they took us on a tour and let us help sort the food for a while. Stratton thought it was great to push carts through the wharehouse. He was a bit out of control but what else is new. I think everyone enjoyed themselves and felt good serving. I hope my kids left with a more thankful heart for what we have been blessed with in our lives! I know I did. I had a great night.

2 comments:

Kory Jane said...

I forget that in Utah your whole neighborhood is Mormon. I think there are only two families in our whole little town. That would be fun to do something as a big group. Looks like you guys had fun.

Amy said...

What a great hands on idea. And fun to do FHE with the neighbors once a month. I bet the kids loved it.