So we seem to like to do things in two's. Two ear surgeries for Strat and two hospital stays for dehydration for Brookie! You know you would think we would realize that the bills for these are not so fun in two's but I guess we just don''t get it! We have had a not so fun past couple of months as far as being sick goes. If it is a virus to be had we have had it. Since the middle of December we have battled the flu, colds, ear infections, and any other bug that has been going around. For some reason we just can't seem to shake it. So while I was spending my morning at the ENT with Stratton, Phil was home taking care of Brooklynn who had been throwing up. I really didn't think much of it considering we seem to have some illness all the time. As I was driving home Phil called and told me Brooklynn was really sick. I figured I had better call and make her an appointment to see the doctor. When I got home and saw just how sick she really was I knew we couldn't wait three hous until our appointment. We ran the boys over to our wonderful neighbors and we headed to the doctors. After examining her they said they were going to admit her because of her dehydration. So we headed to the hospital for what we thought would be a 24 hour stay to re-hydrate her. Our 24 hours turned into 3 days because she just couldn't seem to feel well enough to eat or drink. The first night there was pretty rough. She had thrown up so much and she was so thirsty but they would not let her have anything to drink. It was sad to watch her cry and plead for a drink. Ginka and Papa came and tried to cheer her up but it wasn't working. She was thinking about a drink and nothing else. Papa came down late that night to help Phil give her a blessing. It worked like a charm. She rolled right over and went to sleep. We are so greatful for the wonderful power of the priesthood. The next morning we were hopeful we would be coming home. She had stopped vomiting and seemed to be feeling better. She didn't have much of an appetite and didn't want to eat. All she wanted to do was go to school. Matia came and brought her homework to her so she liked that. Ginka came and brought Dax and Stratton to see her. She seemd to perk up with the visitors. The doctors decided they didn't feel like she was ready to come home and I think they were right. We spent the afternoon playing games and the cute staff at the hospital took great care of her. They helped her start IV's on her doll, the brought her stuffed animals and toys. We played Candyland about twenty times. We managed to keep her entertained most of the day. We gave her a bath and went for a walk around the hospital. Later that night she seemd to go downhill a bit. Her stomach started to hurt again and she felt miserable. Her spirits were lifted with a visit from Nana and Papa and the Anderson's. We said our prayers and hoped for a good nights sleep to help her and get her feeling better. We went to bed early that night and she slept well (so did mom thanks to Nyquil! That stuff is great!!! Who needs a Holiday Inn Express when you have Nyquil and a hospital cot!) When she woke up she was feeling much better and even wanted to eat. We were so happy. We spent the day walking the halls, coloring, and teasing our nurse Dennis. He deserved it. Later that afternoon we got the okay to leave. We are so glad that Brooklynn is feeling better and we are so blessed to have such a great family and friends who love us so much and are there to help us out. We had so many phone calls of concern, food, and visits from everyone and we really appreciate it all! We can't imagine our lives without all of you.
Pineview Musky and Bass
3 months ago
7 comments:
Would you guys get better already? Brookie we have been so worried about you and have been praying for you...we are glad you are finally home and feeling better. Izzy is so concerned about you being in the hospital and Tess keeps saying, "Bwookie sick mom?" They love you and will be glad to hear you are okay! We love you guys and PLEASE try and stay healthy for a few days would ya?!
We are glad you're home and feeling better. Brookie has been the center of our kids prayers for the last few days. So now isolate yourselves and stay healthy!
Oh my poor Brookie!! I'm glad she is feeling better! By the way the crib and changing table are so cute with our bedding and decor we are doing!! thank you so much for giving us all that stuff again! Sounds like you guys need to stay in your house and not come out LOL!! Talk to ya soon
Hey sorry forgot to mention if you haven't seen it already! My new blog besides my other one for family :) its called www.cdspiritualchronicles.blogspot.com check it out I think you might enjoy it!
I am so sorry that she got so sick. Nothing is worse than having a sick child and feeling helpless. That is how I feel most of the time anyways. It is about time I got to look at your blog. I will be posting more comments more often now.
We are glad she is better. It is more fun when you guys are around!!!
I'm so sorry Brookie had to go through all of that. I'm glad to hear that she is okay.
Post a Comment