Monday, February 14, 2011

The One Arm Bandit!!





So I have had pain in my wrist for years now but it was getting worse by the day so I finally decided to go to the specialist to get it checked out. So after one visit he said I needed surgery to fix a tear in the tissue in my wrist. We didn't know how bad it was until he got in there and unfortunately it was the worst case scenario. I had a big tear that had to be fixed and then they had to re-attach the tissue to where it was supposed to be. So I get to be in a cast up to my shoulder for a month. It has been a long week and a half figuring out how to live without my right arm but thanks to great friends and family we are making it work. I even have Phil doing laundry and all my other fun jobs!! (the other night we were sitting there and Phil was folding laundry and Brooklynn just looked at him and said, "it's kind of funny it's like you and mom have traded places you used to sit on the couch and do nothing while mom did all the work and now you do all the work and mom sits on the couch... ha ha ha he just looked at me and we had a good laugh!!) Phil has been awesome and I must say he makes a great wife!! I never thought I would miss cleaning and laundry and especially doing my hair but I do!! But this to shall pass and it could be so much worse. It has been almost two weeks since surgery and today I just got put in my hard cast. I get to sport this beauty for 2 weeks and then I will get put in a shorter cast for 2-4 weeks! I have never spent so much time doing nothing but maybe I will just try to embrace it because soon enough I am sure I will be wishing for nothing to do!! A big thanks to all our wonderful family and friends who have done SO much for us. You have truly lightened our loads and made us feel so loved! We LOVE and THANK you all!!

2 comments:

Kory Jane said...

I think I remember you saying your wrist hurt you in college even...or am I just imagining it? Glad things went well and yes enjoy that pampering from the hubby.

Jodi said...

Those pictures are great Heather. Now you just need to add all the conversations you had while you were a "little" drugged up! We are glad to see you feeling a bit better.