Wednesday, January 25, 2012

GRAMPS!!

January turned out to be a bit of a cray month for the Houtz Family. Grandpa went into the hospital early that month with what they thought were flu like symptoms. They ended up diagnosing him with pancreaitis. He was very sick. A few days later his kidneys failed and they had to start dialysis. There were good days and bad days for the next few weeks following. Unfortunatley he was needed for more important work on the other side. I always thought that death was a scary time and I never wanted to be around when someone died. Needless to say when they called from the hospital to tell us that Grandpa was not going to make it I really did not want to go. I knew I needed to be there for Phil and I was glad I was. It was a very peaceful experience to be there with him in those last few hours. One I will never forget. We are so thankful for the life he lived and the great example he set for all of us. He was a hard working honest man and we were glad that we got to have the time with him that we did. His funeral was a very deserving tribute to him. Complete with a graveside military honor guard. The family all did a great job on their talks and their musical numbers. The kids sang a song that Mckel wrote the words to. It was amazing. Phil dedicated the grave and did a great job. It was a hard day but we are glad to know he is out of pain and enveloped in the arms of a loving Heavenly Father.














Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

laura said...

So sorry, Heather, for your loss. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with him before he passed.