Sunday, December 25, 2011

CHRISTMAS!!

I just love Christmas and the Holidays and this year was no exception. I felt like the month flew by before I could really soak it in. We were able to do most of the things we love doing at this time of the year. We went to all of our fun parties, we read Christmas stories each night, made ornaments for Grandpa's tree and just enjoyed the moments of the season. I don't know what got in to me but I decided to get my kids the one gift they all asked for. A kitten. All I have to say is my kids better know their mom loves them after that move. I do have to admit she is cute. I didn't think we would ever find one as good and well trained as Jinxy. Maybe that is why I have been so hesitant to get a new one since she died. I must say that our new little Lucy has not dissappointed. She was the runt of her littler and as soon as I saw her picture I knew she was the one. She was all trained and has been good. We had our usual fun on Christmas Eve. We went up to the cabin and enjoyed lot's of good food and fun. We gave Gramps our ornaments and opened presents and did the nativity. After the cabin we met up with my family for our annual Stops at the cemetary. This has become such a neat tradition that we all enjoy. Then we headed to Papa and Nana's for dinner. We were so lucky to have Aaron and Amy here to join us this year. We love when we can all be together for Christmas. It was a fun night. After we got home and got the kids to bed we went to get our kitten from the Young's house. She was scared to be in a new home and made her presence known as she cried out through the night. Getting worried she would wake the kids up I decided to wake them up myself in hopes of keeping it a surprise. They were so excited to turn the corner of the family room and see her in the middle of the floor. They were the happiest kids you could ever imagine. They love her to pieces. She will know more love than most cats. I can guarantee that. We had a big Christmas breakfast complete with all the fixings. We went to church and enjoyed the choirs beautiful songs. After church we went to spend the rest of the day at Nana and Papa's with the cousins. It was a fun time. We celebrated Christmas with my family the next day when we had Sammy with us. It was so fun to have everyone there. It is a rare treat so we cherish every moment! It was such a warm nice day the boys spent the afternoon breaking in the new flag football set we got. Good times!!! What a great season and time of the year. It is truly magical!


















Posted by Picasa

0 comments: