








Phil had a week long FBI conference in West Yellowstone so the boys and I decided to come along and have ourselves a vacation. Brooklynn was in her last week of school and didn't want to miss all of the parties so she opted out. I was very excited to go mostly because I new our travel route would takeus right past Rexburg. I haven't been there since I graduated in 1999. I was so excited to show Phil where I lived and all the places I hung out at. Well we made it to Rexburg but it was not all I remembered it to be. Maybe it was my phase of life but it seemed pretty run down and old. None the less it was fun to see where I lived and reminisce a bit. After a quick tour of my old stomping grounds and some lunch at Applebees we made our way to Yellowstone. Our hotel was really nice and we got settled in ordered some pizza and then went to the movies to see Shrek the third. It was fun. The next day Phil headed off to meetings (they were just in the hotel so that was nice) and the boys and I went to breakfast. We then went swimming and tghen we had to hang out in our room for the rest of the day. They were doing some remodeling and we had to either leave our room for the day or stay confined in. Since it was raining and cold and we had no car we opted for the room. We watched movies and played games. As soon as Phil got done in class we headed off into the park. It was so fun. Phil had never been to Yellowstone so he was like a kid in a candy shop. The very first thing we saw was a black bear. It was awesome. We made our way to old faithful to watch it. It was a blizzard, blowing snow but it was still a sight to see. The boys were great and seemed to enjoy it as much as us. The next few days the boys and I spent a lot of time at the bear and wolf discovery center. Dax even got to go into the big bear habitat and hide food for the bears to eat. It was fun to see the bears close up. They loved the bird show (that's right I actually took them to the bird show. Proud mom moment for me! They better never question my love after that!) We went and saw the bear movie at the Imax and pretty much saw and did all there was to do in West Yellowstone. Every night when Phil was done we would head to the park. We saw so much over the course of the week. Mammoth Falls was my favorite place in Yellowstone. It was such a cute little town with elk just roaming everywhere. We saw 2 bears, a wolf, some rams, deer, elk, buffalo, a moose, and a bald eagle. Needless to say this was Phil's ideal vacation. It was so much fun. As we were driving out of the park on our last night I said to Phil we saw everything we wanted to see the only thing I wish was that a buffalo would cross right in front of our car. Well I spoke to soon because a few minutes later a herd of buffalo took over the road and we were barely creeping along. It was so fun. It made my whole trip. We had such a great week and can hardly wait to go back!!! The only thing that could have made it better was if we would have had our Brooklynn with us! We missed her lot's!
Pineview Musky and Bass
3 months ago
3 comments:
How nice, seeing Arbor Cove again. Have been missing your posts. Do you guys have any other plans this summer?
Fun! You guys are always do such fun things. You are giving me some great vacation ideas. :)
Hey, that looks like fun! I was just wondering what you guys had been up to. Looks like DLand was fun too. Wierd to think you were so close to us for a few days! You guys got lucky - last time we went to Yellowstone we saw hardly any animals. I'm glad you had a fun trip!
Post a Comment