Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Did It!!

The best training partner, he doesn't stop so neither do I!
My cute friends who kept me running had this waiting for me at home!
Mike (jessica's future hubby) me, Candace and Willie
My cute fan club!!!
Willie and Candace!
Yea I am almost done!
YEA!!!!
Well a few months ago I toyed with the idea of running a half marathon and then I thought to myself who am I kidding I can't do that. So I started running and could barely run a 1/4 of a mile. I kept it up and gradually it became easier and I could go farther. Well my two months came really fast and before I knew it August 23 was here. I was so nervous the night before. I couldn't sleep. I went to bed a 10:00pm thinking I would get a good nights sleep and I watched the clock. It was eleven then twelve then one and I was getting so frustrated. So I ended up getting maybe 2 hours of sleep. I definately felt it running. It was truly the hardest thing I have ever done but also one of the most rewarding. It is such a great feeling to accomplish something that you never in your wildest dreams thought you could ever do. I will never forget the feeling of running through the finish line! It made all my hard work worth it! So I finished with a time of 2:34 and I wasn't last! Candace and Willie ran it also. They did great and finished about 45 min. before me! We had a great time and best of all we did it!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so proud of you!!! Who would have thought?!! You have inspired to give running a try...I just have to figure out the details...like what to do with the kids I have in tow.

All that running is making you skinny!

Tara said...

I'm so glad you did this! I am really proud of you. I'm hoping I can do it next year with you, so keep training!

Jessica said...

Heather I just found your blog through amy and aarons, I didn't know you had one! AND congratulations on the running!! Heather (my sister) and I trained for a 10k 2 summers ago and it was the best thing ever for me too! I'm not sure I could make it past 2 miles now, but I hope to one day do the same as you!