Well Phil and I went to St. George this past weekend for the annual softball tournament. I look forward to this every year. I get a weekend away from the kids and occasionally get to watch some good softball and enjoy the warm weather. This year was probably one of the best weather years ever! They played two games on Friday night. I don't usually stay up that late but they didn't finish until midnight. It was fun! They played two games on Saturday and then they were out so we got 4 games in. Not our best year but we have seen worse (2007). On Saturday night we went to dinner with the Duncan's and the Zenger's. After dinner we were deciding what to do and ended up on our way to Mesquite to play bingo. Phil and I are not fans of the casino but thought some bingo could be fun. None of us had ever played before. We bought our cards and our dabbers and joined the bingo crew. It was pretty funny with our novice group. Zenger was standing up shouting out bingo and everyone in the room was laughing and looking at us like we were a bunch of idiots. It took a minute before we realized they were going for an "x" on the card not a five across bingo. After that we were in the game! To make a long story a little shorter, I won $100 at bingo on my first time. I got the black ball to add to the pot! So I think I found my sport (kidding)! We had a really fun weekend despite staying up way past my mom bedtime for two nights in a row. I am already looking forward to next years trip! Maybe I can improve my bingo skills even more.
Pineview Musky and Bass
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment